Organization Profile :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world's leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position :
Within the flight operations group and under the supervision of a senior manager, the test pilot keeps the lead Pilot abreast of any developments or issues regarding forecasted or planned testing and/or configuration changes.
Specific responsibilities of position :
Tasks related to the Test Pilot role:
- Perform flight crew duties on Flying Test Bed's while following prescribed test profiles;
- Evaluate aircraft flight characteristics in relation to flight test cards;
- Ensure relevant maintenance service defects are recorded to maintain high safety standards.
Tasks related to the Project Administrator role:
- Participate in planning flight test profiles and assist flight test engineers in organizing and evaluating test flights;
- Prepare technical reports and material to enhance efficiency and productivity;
- When not conducting in-flight test duties, collaborate in researching and planning flight test profiles and documents for future test missions.
Qualifications required :
- College degree with a minimum of 10 years' experience;
- Bilingual : English and French;
- TC Airline Transport Pilot License (between 7, 000 and 8,000 hours of total flying time);
- Crew Resource Management skills;
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot License (or must have the requirements to obtain it);
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment process;
- Flying skills;
- Flight test experience would be an asset;
- Experience flying one of the following planes: Airbus 340/330, Boeing 777/767/757/747.
- Working knowledge of CAR's and FAR's.
Field of studies :
Additional Information :
- Working schedules are dependent on the demands of the organization; therefore, the position requires irregular working hours during evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Occasional travel is required for training or special flights off base.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.