In accordance with established procedures, policies, code of ethics and available resources, the successful candidate is responsible for the proactive and timely collection of delinquent accounts and the effective application of the credit and collections treatments managed through the Collection Department for all Ontario systems.
- College Diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years relevant experience in customer service and/or collections/credit environment where you were required to "own" and "work" accounts to ensure payment.
- Previous experience and knowledge of using auto dialer.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Windows environment. Proficiency in Access and other computer application is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Compass and other Collection systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude, professional demeanor and phone etiquette.
- Politely assertive, thrives on negotiation and customer interaction.
- Superior judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using dialer system.
- Results oriented and excels in bringing in payments.
- Excellent organization skills – with ability to handle a large volume of accounts in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Detailed oriented and able to analyze and troubleshoot account issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Team player and "can do" positive attitude. Open to change with a learning attitude towards work.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and Saturdays as required.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization's performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.
- Makes routine outbound/inbound telephone calls to delinquent customers using auto dialer or dialing manually. Asks for payment commitment of outstanding balance and negotiates with the customer to obtain total amount due. Works with customer to determine solutions to resolve delinquency.
- Review, analyze, and determines course of action to resolve delinquent status.
- Investigate discrepancies on accounts and details proposed actions, promises, proposals with follow-up dates duly noted and followed to manage credit exposure.
- Ensures account information is current and executes follow up to confirm pay arrangements are respected.
- Approves/denies and recommends payment arrangement requests generated by all customer contact channels that fall outside policy.
- May deactivate/suspend/activate equipment.
- Assumes all other tasks and duties as related to Credit and Collection as per business needs, agents may be asked to cross train for additional skills to assist teams with back up if needed. The expectation of this position is agents are flexible and able to balance multiple skills at the same time maintaining their expected key performance indicators.
- To support Cogeco's ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers' needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer and company needs.