WHY JOIN BDC?
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we're devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We're also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There's a reason we like to work here and we think you'll like it too.
The Coordinator, Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretariat oversees the daily activities of the administrative support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the department and provides coaching, management and development of administrative support employees, consistent with BDC's core values.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Ensure the organization, coordination and logistic of meetings of the Board of Directors and different committees held across Canada, paying the fees and attending meetings as required
- Plan and coordinate orientation sessions for new Board of Directors members
- Support the Senior Vice President and Corporate Secretary in determining priorities and work organization to ensure that the objectives of the department are met
- Lead in the budget planning process, prepare estimates, monitor month-end reports to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies with the Finance department
- Process confidential data such as PACT reports, succession planning documentation, promotion and training recommendations, and other human resources documentation
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- College or university certificate; a paralegal degree would be an asset
- Seven to ten years of experience in an executive assistant role
- Customer service focus and team player
- Good judgment, ability to adapt quickly and to take initiative
- Ability and poise to deal with all hierarchical levels at BDC, including the executive level
- Strong organizational, planning and administrative skills with great attention to detail
- Bilingual with excellent writing skills in both English and French
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Strong time-management and priority setting skills
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Availability and ability to travel, as need be
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.