The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, Legal, Policy and Compliance department, requires an Administrative Clerk, Case Management. Reporting to the Manager, Case Management, you will maintain case management records systems and coordinate the tracking and routing of all appeal documentation within a designated Case Management location. You will also provide administrative support services to the Case Management location staff.
Case Management Systems Maintenance
- Review, log, and track the status of all assessment appeal related documents and correspondence received in hard copy and in the Case Management Mailbox from the Central Processing Facility (CPF), taxpayers, Representatives/Paralegals/Tax Agents, and Lawyers;
- Maintain the Work Management System (WMS), tracking all sensitive appeal documentation including Statement of Issues (SOIs), Response to Statement of Issues (RSOIs), Motion material, Disclosure Packages, withdrawals, Minutes of Settlement, and correspondence in order to meet MPAC's procedural obligations for upcoming hearing events scheduled by the Assessment Review Board (ARB);
- Reconcile monthly ARB and MPAC appeal data to ensure all active appeals are accurately captured in WMS, occasionally contacting stakeholders within and outside of MPAC in order to ensure all information is complete;
- Review appeal-related messages to determine type of document and complainant, contact recipients (i.e. MPAC staff, owner, representative, lawyer) to confirm appeal information is accurate and in compliance with the ARB Rules; forward documents to the appropriate Regional Offices/Analysts and follow up to ensure Case Management Analysts meets the legislated timeframe for RSOIs;
- Generate reports from WMS and other systems and prepare forms, templates and correspondence for approval by Manager, Case Management.
Appeal Documentation Coordination:
- Maintain a library of hard copy and electronic copies of all ARB Decisions, Board Orders, Representative Authorization Forms and documents and assist staff with searches, filing, and storage of documents;
- Respond to requests and enquiries from internal stakeholders such as Case Management Analysts and Valuation staff to retrieve copies of Board Orders and Decisions as well as from external stakeholders such as Appellants, Agents, and the ARB to request missing documentation, and/or reconciling status;
- Assist in triaging of SOIs from Appellants/Representatives;
- Review and log time-sensitive documents and correspondence related to appeals including SOIs and RSOIs received in the Case Management Mailbox and forward to respective staff across the organization for action; and
- Act as central point of contact for inquiries from other internal departments, route inquiries to the appropriate Case Management Analyst for response.
Administrative Support Services:
- Schedule internal branch meetings / sectional training sessions, and arrange venue logistics;
- Liaise with the ARB to clarify information for the WMS and relay information to other incumbents within the Branch;
- Serve as back-up to other clerical staff including Property Valuation Clerks, Facilities Management Coordinators, and Municipal Clerks as required;
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
LOCATION: Assessment Office #09, Toronto
- Completion of Secondary education required, completion of a college diploma in legal/office administration, paralegal, law clerk, or a related field preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of clerical/administrative experience handling high volumes of documentation within tight timelines;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- General knowledge of MPAC's activities and procedures to provide support services and effectively respond to enquiries;
- Good problem solving abilities;
- Good oral and written communication skills to prepare routine correspondence and to deal effectively with staff and exercise judgment in handling confidential matters;
- Strong organizational and time management skills and close attention to detail required in order to complete multiple assignments within tight timelines with a high degree of accuracy; and
- Strong customer service orientation, excellent teamwork skills, and ability to work independently.
AREA OF SEARCH: Open
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" icon below. Please use the Applicant Tracking System to create your Candidate Profile, upload your Resume and Cover Letter and apply to the posting by June 19, 2018. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
While MPAC thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent MPAC employees may be required to undergo a criminal and drivers abstract check. By applying to this job posting, you are also providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz Global Screening (Mintz), a third party service contracted by MPAC, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation funded by all Ontario municipalities. Our role is to accurately assess and classify all properties in Ontario, and with more than 1,700 employees in offices across the province, our assessors are trained experts in the field of property valuation. At MPAC, we know that maintaining work life balance is the key to fostering employee health, happiness and productivity. We offer generous vacation allowances, a self-funded leave program and flexible work arrangements to help ensure employees' unique needs are met both at work and at home. For more information visit www.mpac.ca or www.aboutmyproperty.ca.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and MPAC's Accessibility Standards for Ontarians with Disabilities Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.