Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Job Class: Administrative
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based organization that provides mental health, addictions and community support services to individuals 16 years of age and older.
Reconnect Community Health Services offers a wide range of programs, treatment, support and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board of Directors.
- Prepare correspondence as directed by the CEO
- Creating, editing formatting PowerPoint Presentations;
- Attending meetings and taking minutes;
- Coordinating meetings by communicating the availability of the CEO with external agencies and relevant parties;
- Able to prioritize and/or make a broader range of decisions of increasing impact on behalf of the CEO;
- Proactively manages a complex calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings, calls, appointments and travel;
- Supports the CEO in managing all meetings (ensures preparation for any carry forward action items) and in documenting and following up on resulting action items, as appropriate;
- Supports the CEO in coordinating and preparing for Board meetings;
- Book and manage travel arrangements, itineraries or other related duties;
- Work closely with external partners, assistants, vendors and other stakeholders to schedule meetings or events;
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activity of the CEO or organization;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or undergraduate degree is required.
- Minimum 3 years administrative support experience, in a fast-paced and highly visible organization
- Proactive, self-starter who takes initiative, owns projects and meets deadlines aligned with business objectives.
- Exceptional (written and verbal) communication skills and interpersonal skills. Develops lasting, positive and value-adding relationships.
- Experience with complex calendar management, booking high profile meetings, events and scheduling travel
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail, highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Technologically savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other applications, as required.
- Works a 37.5 hours workweek, Monday through Friday and as needed after hours
- Office Based position
- Work hours may vary depending on the needs of the agency
- Attendance at outside meetings and special events may be required from time-to-time.
Compensation Type: Salary
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to complete an online application, as well as submit a cover letter and resume through Reconnect's Recruitment System (link below) , no later than Monday, June 18, 2018
Reconnect Recruitment System Link: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6117738.jobs?ApplyToJob=184779266
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenants of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted