Seeking an experienced Pipeline Integrity Construction Supervisor to support Imperial's Fuels Operations and Midstream business unit, executing digs and/or tool runs on over 40 pipeline systems across Canada. This position will be based out of Waterdown, Ontario. In this position you will report to the Imperial Midstream Pipeline Integrity Execution Manager.
- Provide proactive Safety Leadership â—¦Exemplify ownership/accountability, safety above schedule, hazard recognition, intervention, and effective communication
- Lead tail gate safety meetings with company and/or third-party contractor employees
- Provide effective leadership of third party contractors' crews in pipeline maintenance activities including: â—¦Excavate, inspect and repair pipelines safely
- Execute tool runs and purge pipelines of product when required
- Assess manpower, equipment, and material needs for each work scope and communicate needs to project engineers/supervisors
- Understand pipeline alignment drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Recognize unusual operating conditions and initiate required emergency response procedures
- Employees in this position must have the interest, willingness and ability to learn and acquire the knowledge to master the above responsibilities and progress into other positions necessary in the operations and maintenance of the midstream business.
As the Construction Supervisor you must be willing and able to:
- Consistently work safely and encourage others to consistently work safely
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Work away from home location for extended periods of time
- Relieve other employees as needed
- Respond to emergency cases/call-outs 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Perform all duties in environmentally sound manner that meets or exceeds regulations
- Work at elevated heights and in confined areas
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Post-secondary education in construction, project or safety management is an asset
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record are required
- 5-10 years of field experience
- Good communication skills: ability to communicate with variety of persons including internal and third contractor professionals, engineers and managers, Landowners and Right of Way agents
- Strong computer skills: able to operate laptop computer, use Air Card, Microsoft Office including creating and manipulating Word documents and Excel worksheets.
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Willing and able to learn and develop
- Ability to follow and comply with audit, controls, and ethics requirements
Start date: September 2018
Location: Waterdown, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date)
Who we are
A leading member of Canada's energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 2, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Construction, Manager, Instrumentation, Engineering, Management