Under supervision, the residence worker (RW) is responsible for
- Assisting clients to live successfully in residential settings
- Ensures physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met.
- Assists clients to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
- Provides behavioral support and supervision in the program and community, implements and monitors individual program plans through observation and accurate reporting, and participates in operating and maintaining the program.
- The RW communicates with the Program Manager and/or with professional support personnel.
- Ensures personal inventory is completed for each person in care
- Refers family inquiries and requests for information to their manager and/or key worker
- Carries out day-to-day program activities and communications
- Receives supervision and direction from the Program Manager
Required Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with family members, social workers and stakeholders
- working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Ability to effectively implement and document personalized service plans; promote involvement of family and social networks;
- Excellent writing skills, including report writing
- Excellent computer skills and related applications, including Windows, Word and Excel.
- Ability to advocate for clients and promote and defend their right to communicate individual lifestyle choices and decision-making (autonomous or supported) including health care services and supports.
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Valid BC Drivers license with clear drivers abstract
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Preference may be given to individuals with at least one year experience working with individuals with a developmental disability, in a community-based setting.
- Must have a current clear criminal record check and ministry check (this can be completed upon successful completion of an interview)
Please submit your resume by email to **************@*****.com