Are you a natural leader with an expertise in systems analysis? If so, consider this opportunity with the Community Services I&IT Cluster, Ministry of Education, where you will lead staff and project teams in the provision of specialized business requirements analysis, architecting, solution design and complex programming.
To join the Ontario Public Service is to join one of Canada's Top Employers for 2017, an organization that offers challenging, rewarding work together with a defined benefit pension plan and a comprehensive group insurance plan covering basic life insurance, health, dental, vision care/hearing, and long-term income protection.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide expert advice to clients, program staff and senior management on application and database development
- identify existing and potential broad systems issues and make recommendations
- evaluate program staff's recommendations and upgrades to systems, equipment, software and standards
- define overall system requirements and evaluate the feasibility of various options
- lead business process reviews and promote ongoing development, design modifications and functionality
- assume lead role in the development of strategic and operational plans and business designs
- lead the development of Request for Proposal (RFP) briefing material, business planning estimates, systems documentation, quality control standards and measures
- negotiate contracts with external service providers
- develop and lead training and information sessions
- lead and participate on I&IT committees and task groups
How do I qualify?
Technical knowledge and skills:
- knowledge and skills in large-scale business application analysis, design and implementation for multi-client use
- knowledge of business process analysis techniques, structured system life cycle methodologies for business applications and detailed systems specification design
- knowledge of information architecture and data modelling, internet technology and emerging technologies to lead the development and customization of n-tier web-based applications
- the ability to perform database design, editing, transformation and loading (i.e. ETL)
- knowledge of complex programming concepts and languages to lead the preparation of detailed design specifications, testing, implementation and documentation
Knowledge of procurement and contract administration:
- knowledge of the procurement of technology and services, tendering processes, contract negotiation and administration, and budgeting processes to lead projects, develop project plans, schedules and determine resources required
Project management skills:
- knowledge of project management techniques and methodology to lead complex business requirements analysis, architecting and design
- the ability to evaluate project plans and recommendations, develop project plans, work plans, schedules and negotiate contracts with external service providers
- the ability to lead multiple and concurrent projects
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- analytical skills to assess the feasibility of a broad range of options, make recommendations and develop customized strategies to resolve unique problems
- analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve existing and potential systems issues and perform threat and risk assessments and business impact analyses
Communication and consultative skills:
- oral and written communication skills to lead the consulting and discussion process and prepare business cases and final reports
- presentation skills to conduct training and information sessions and lead committees and task groups
- consultative skills to consult with and provide advice to clients, program staff and senior management
Salary Range: $82,657.25 - $103,260.30 per year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 120622, by Wednesday, March 14, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.