CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
StructureCraft Builders (SCB) is an industry leader in the design, fabrication and installation of timber and hybrid-timber structures primarily for the commercial and institutional sectors. We have been engineering and building efficient signature structures for architects, owners and general contractors in North America and Asia for 20 years. We are an exciting, growing company that thrives on challenge and innovation. Please visit our website www.structurecraft.com to view who we are and what we do as heavy timber experts.
We are seeking an experienced project manager to join our team based in Abbotsford, BC, to lead timber construction projects across North America. This position will interface directly with our clients and works closely with all SCB departments to deliver high quality wood structures safely, on time and on budget.
- Plan, direct and lead in the delivery of timber construction projects from award to completion while achieving safety, quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Define tasks and required resources
- Prepare and manage project budget, schedule of values, progress billing and changes orders
- Create schedules and coordinate SCB resources to meet project deliverables
- Understand project scope and contract terms to ensure full compliance
- Prepare RFQ's, evaluate bids, prepare POs and Subcontracts, set and track delivery milestones
- Track and report on project deliverables
- Lead quality assurance
- Present to management reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Manage project changes and delays to ensure that SCB is fairly compensated
- Accurately estimate changes within contract requirements
- Evaluate and assess results of project
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and MS Project (or similar scheduling software)
- Minimum of 3 years of construction related project management experience
Preferred Candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in building science, construction management, or engineering
- PMP designation or be in process to obtaining
- Experience managing construction projects with values in excess of $5M
Some selective travel will be required for this position. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to *******@**************.com.