City Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Start Date Apr - Jun 2018(flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish, English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer's Role
Are interested in international trade and commerce? You have experience doing market research and would like to use your skills to support small entrepreneurs develop their business? This position is for you!
Our partner in Honduras, FIDE, is currently looking for a Market Access Advisor to investigate national and international business opportunities for Honduran small producers and entrepreneurships. You will work closely with the organization to develop strategies that will benefit these businesses led by or with high participation of youth and women.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct research on products and its uses and find details of local businesses, conditions and opportunities to dive into the local market.
- Conduct market research and analysis on Honduran product and services
- Analyze the Free Trade Agreement between Honduras and Canada
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University degree in international business, commerce or a relevant combination of studies and experience.
Essential Professional Background:
- International trade
- Market research
- International marketing and regulations
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation