Reporting to the manager, labour and employee relations, you will be embedded within our oil sands business unit to provide labour and employee relations expertise that will enable our business unit objectives.
- Identify, investigate and resolve issues of employee concerns or conflict in an appropriate and timely manner including harassment, human rights, code of business conduct, general conduct, performance and safety
- Provide interpretations of collective bargaining agreements, policies, procedures and provide guidance to internal clients
- Lead workplace investigations that have varying levels of difficulty and sensitivity (ex. discipline, harassment, etc. ) and manage detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of notes and supporting documents
- Lead all aspects of the grievance process including preparation of cases that are moving forward to arbitration
- Work closely with health and wellness and business leaders to support the development of workplace accommodations and return to work plans (duty to accommodate)
- Provide business leader training on employee and labour relations issues and processes (progressive discipline, performance management, collective agreement administration, grievance management, etc. )
- Ensure collaboration and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and other internal partners by providing regular status updates on cases
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with the strategic partner team in oil sands, other key internal human resources partners, union stewards and executives
Experience and Education:
- Three or more years of labour relations experience in an industrial unionized environment dealing in workplace/disciplinary investigations, attendance, grievance, and performance management, union-management committees, etc.
- Experience facilitating union management committee meetings
- Bachelor's degree in industrial relations, human resource management
- An advanced degree in labour or industrial relations would be an asset
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable knowledge of current employment legislation
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze issues and offer possible solutions and make recommendations for resolution of the issues
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.