VIA Rail Canada Inc., Canada's passenger rail network, is currently seeking to fill two temporary positions as Advisor, Talent Acquisition.
As part of a team of Human Resources professionals, the chosen candidates will manage the recruitment processes for various types of professional positions within the company.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and human resources business partners to ensure that job requirements and expectations are clearly defined;
- Post job openings and use social and professional networking platforms to identify and find the best candidates;
- Implement research strategies to identify the best candidates;
- Evaluate candidates by using various screening methods and assessment techniques to identify qualified candidates;
- Conduct telephone interviews and preliminary tests;
- Liaise with the human resources business partners and offer them support in developing their abilities to conduct interviews;
- Upon request, organize, conduct and document face-to-face interviews with hiring managers;
- Participate in the salary recommendation process, submit job offers and perform all administrative tasks related to the recruitment process;
- Keep up to date on best recruitment practices ensure the utilization of best recruitment means.
- Participate in job fairs as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of recruitment experience more specifically in hiring professionals
- Experience using applicant tracking systems (Taleo, CV Manager or other ATS) and other social sourcing tools (LinkedIn and other social networks)
- Fluent in French and in English, written and spoken
- Collaborative team approach, while focused on customer service and results
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple functions and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with change and continuously shifting requirements
- Excellent consultative skills, understanding the client's need and ability to solve problems.